Sunday 9 December 2012

Classic Burger @ Urban Bar & Kitchen

Hello burger lovers,

Much has been said about Urban Bar. It's one of my regular spots during lunch time. They have a burger on their menu which I ignored for quite some time now. Usually I order the Inferno Burger or the Spicy Wrap, but lateley I was tempted to order their new Classic Burger. The advantage, for 13€ you get more meat and the same side dishes as if you ordered the inferno burger. I always order Jalapeños as an additional topping (fairly expensive ones for 1€). To compensate for this, I always order a bigger bowl of sauce for the fries (psshhh don't tell).

Evaluation:


I have written lots about the Urban Burgers. In my opinion this classic burger, in combination with my chosen additional topping, is the best of their range. Great meat in a great bun. Fresh vegetables and very good fries. Their sauces, the light garlic sauce as well as the spicy cocktail sauce which is on the burger simply give the burger an additional plus. The meat has a slightly different texture as the patties from Inferno and Double Burger. Of course I don't know the details, but it tastes fresher, less compressed. The only downside is the lack of cheese. But then on the other hand, this is more of a "build your burger" style burger. The toppings are a bit expensive, but are always good.

As I mentionned, much has been said about Urban Bar. Here, or here, feel free to read the more detailed reviews.

Anyway, the weighted rating for the Classic Burger is 7.83 which is catapulting Urban Bar in a top position.





/k


Urban Bar & Kitchen
2, rue de la Boucherie
1247 Luxembourg-Centre
Tél.: 26 47 85 78

2 comments:

  1. I believe that the classic burger used to be a good burger, but unfortunately due to the change in bread used for the buns, it has become mediocre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anon, thank you for your comments though you might be confusing us with somewhere else. Our burger bread has been supplied by a small family baker for some years now and has not changed.
    kind regards
    Urban Team

    ReplyDelete