Saturday 20 October 2012

Spitfire Burger @ Restaurant Spitfire

Hello burger lovers,

After a few 'not so good burgers' I was craving a good one. As far as I remembered, several followers of my blog and Facebook page told me good things about Spitfire, plus their homepage states: Spitfire, the new place to be. Spitfire is located at Findel, in the airport-area.

After a warm welcome, I ordered their only meat burger on the menu, the Spitfire Burger. Priced at 18,50€ it's in the upper price range of my reviewed burgers. The price can be explained by the fact that the beef patty is not made of ground beef, but a filet de boeuf (tenderloin). 


Evaluation:  

The burger arrived and it was beautiful. The plate was nicley decorated and the burger looked very fresh. As usual, I started with the fries. They were really good, crisp and tasteful. The one thing which really bothers me on the burgers in Luxembourg is the bun. This one was made of sweet brioche, a combination which I don't like on burgers. I don't appreciate sweetness anywhere near my burger. The filet de boeuf (tenderloin) was indeed very tender and the meat was melting in my mouth while eating. I admit that was a nice experience, but to be honest, I prefer ground beef on a burger. But this one was so nicely cooked that I forgot about my preferences while eating. Kudos to the chef! The burger itself had a nice balance, the sauce went well with the rest of the burger. The veggies were fresh, I liked the green lettuce, others might prefer iceberg. There were cocumbers and pickles on the burger, maybe too much for my gusto. The cheese was of a good a quality, nicely melt and tasteful.
In my opinion this was a real good burger. It was clearly different from others I've reviewed, therefore not easy to compare. I thought that for burger lovers this one might be a bit too expensive. Usually if I spend that much money on food, I don't want it wrapped in bread. Anyway, the restaurant has a very nice menu, serves quality food, and I will surely return to try more of it.

My weighted rating is 7,42


/k

Restaurant Spitfire
675 Rue de Neudorf

2220 Luxembourg 
27 84 88 84 675


No comments:

Post a Comment