Sunday 28 October 2012

BBBB @ Beef Bar

Hello burger lovers,

Today's review is about a burger I've had at the Beef Bar. Beef Bar is located at the Auchan shopping mall in Kirchberg. The restaurant is well known for their wide range of meat, from Argentinian steak to burgers you can get nearly anything. It was my first visit, and I was quite looking forward to try their BBBB (BeefBar Black Burger). Priced at 22 € (a drink included) it is the second most expensive burger on my quest. I've had the 170gr, you could also get the 340gr version for 28€.

Evaluation:

The presentation of the burger was followed by a WOW! The buns of the burger were coloured black (the same as my teeth after eating). The burger was served on an elegant slate decorated with few leaves of rocket and a bowl of corn fries. Since i've had no sauce as a side, the fries were a bit dry, but had a nice distinguished taste. The meat, the heart of any burger, was made of angus beef, promising since it is assumed by many that this beef is better than regular beef. In this case it was not true, I don't know about the quality but it was overcooked, very dry and not very tasty. The buns on the other hand were quite an experience. They were black as I already mentioned, (I don't really know how they were coloured, maybe ink?) were crisp and had a fine taste. The cheese was great, nicely melted cheddar cheese with a good flavor. The pickles and lettuce which were on the burger were fresh but there was too much sauce, probably to compensate for the dry meat. At least the sauce was tasty, it think it was made from mayonnaise and onions.

The burger was not bad, but absolutely overpriced. The looks were great, but they don't justify the price. I would recommend the restaurant for a business meeting, but not for burger lovers. 

In finance a BBB rating stands for Lower Medium Grade. Since this burger is called BBBB, I suppose the creators already knew that this one wouldn't be Prime or High Grade. Therefore, and for many more reasons my rating of this burger is 6.80, still Investment Grade, thus not that bad after all. 




 /k


Beef Bar
2, rue Carlo Hemmer (Auchan)
2721 Luxembourg-Kirchberg
Tél.: 27 04 85 95

1 comment:

  1. I agree, overpriced and undertasting performance! The presentation is nice but that's where it stopped - although i didn't get the black bun, my "spicy" burger was totally not spicy at all and i was left hungry for more - if you've been at the fu bar, this is a joke in comparison... I dont believe this burger deserves a 6... :)

    ReplyDelete