Sunday 19 August 2012

Magic Burger @ Café Belair


Hello burger lovers,

after a first good experience at Café Belair, I went back to try a different burger. As you may recall I wasn't quite satisfied with the toppings on my last burger (Diablo Burger) that's why I decided to try the Magic Burger. I already mentioned the high prices at Café Belair (click here) but I am gladly willed to pay a bit more for quality. The Magic Burger has an egg, bacon, cheese, lettuce, a slice of tomato and pickles as topping. The 250gr meat patty betweed two Ciabatta buns costs 16.50€.

Evaluation:

When the burger arrived I was again surprised how big it was. The meat and buns looked as tasty as the last time. The meat was very fresh and had a fabulous taste. And again the cooking was perfect, my compliments to the chef. The buns were, as I already mentioned, a round shaped ciabatta bread which didn't fall apart due to the moisture. I preferred the toppings this time. The vegetables were fresh, the cheese, bacon and egg were of good quality. The only downside on this burger was that it had no particular taste, there was just something missing. It was the sauce, I had lots of ketchup on my burger. When I pay 16.50€ for a burger, I want, no, I expect to have a homemade sauce on my burger. The fries were homemade, that's a plus, and this time they weren't too crisp.  

The quality of the burger was good. Very pricey, even a bit too expensive for a burger. If they added a  tasty homemade burger sauce, I would have been completely satisfied.

the weighted rating for the Magic Burger is 7.50






/k

Café Belair
99 val Ste Croix  
1371 Luxembourg
Tél.: 26 38 37 61

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    Nice blog.
    Have you already tried the burger at Brasserie Walfer (first floor at the shopping mall)?
    I'd like to know where they would stand in your rating...
    Cheers !
    Tom

    ReplyDelete