Thursday 5 July 2012

Whopper @ Burger King

Hello burger lovers,

here's a short review about Burger King's flagship, the Whopper. A year ago Burger King opened a franchise at the Aire the Wasserbillig, and has a worldwide presence in about 70 countries. Again I don't want to start the discussion about the ethical background of this burger chain, or the health issues of fast food in general. So a Whopper it was.

Evaluation:

Compared to Quick or McDonald's flagship burgers, the Whopper looks enormous. It has a flame grilled patty, lots of lettuce, a pickle, a slice of tomato and cheese (don't forget to order that). the sauce seems to be a mix of Mayonnaise and Ketchup. I didn't like the presentation of the burger. It didn't come in a paper box as in McDonald's, but was wrapped in paper. That didn't look very tasty.

The burger itself wasn't that bad, no comparison with a homemade burger but in my opinion better than Quick or McDonalds. I know "les goûts et les couleurs..." but Burger King seems fresher to me, and I am filled after one burger, which is never the case at Quick or McDo.

To make it short, I prefer freshly made burgers but sometimes I need a quickie ;) You can have it your way and you can probably afford it. If I must eat fast food, I try to have a Burger King.

The weighted score is 5.49



/k

Burger King
Aire de Wasserbillig
6601 Wasserbillig
Tél.: 276 971-0 (you don't need a reservation)

3 comments:

  1. What about the french fries? Did you like them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i completely forgot to write about the fries... i'll add a line soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. BK's burger should be a standard to judge others with - the strict minimum. Not that it's the best (Wendy's comes to mind) but it kicks the crap out of quick or mcdoz.

    BTW, the paper wrap is great to hold the burger together and avoid the famous meltown on your lap...

    ReplyDelete