Monday 28 May 2012

Tower Burger @ Urban Bar & Kitchen (re-visit)

Hello burger lovers,
  
Recently Urban Bar became my favourite burger spot. Their service, friendliness and food quality impressed me, reasons enough to visit them on a regular basis. You should try their "Burger of the Moment" which changes every other week.

At my first visit I ordered their Tower Burger (15,50€ and 300gr of meat), with Jalapeños as a topping. That time I wasn't quite satisfied with the burger, as you can see in my previous review: click here 

After my review I have been contacted by the owner, and we discussed minor improvements for his burgers. Later I have been reviewing a different burger at Urban Bar which I really liked. Now is the time I grant a second chance to the Tower Burger.

Evaluation:

From a visual point of view, the burger looked perfect! The burger was still hot, which wasn't the case when I had the big one the first time. The meat was fresh, tasted well, but was too well done in my opinion. The cheese was nicely melted, but compared to the inferno burger the taste of the burger sauce didn't really come out. The lettuce was fresh and green, and most importantly this time the tomato was not too watery, which was my main concern last time when it nearly ruined the whole burger. That time the buns were soaked and I criticized them quite harsh, this time they were fine and the burger was easy to eat. I really like their thin crispy fries which come with a delicious garlic sauce.

The thing about the Tower Burger is that it really looks great. Tastewise it's not bad, but it doesn't reach the same awesomeness than a regular burger, for instance. the Inferno Burger. But if you're hungry, go for it!



The old rating was 6.40 the new weighted average score after my re-visit is 6.88


/k

Urban Bar & Kitchen
2, rue de la Boucherie
1247 Luxembourg-Centre
Tél.: 26 47 85 78

1 comment: