Tuesday 29 May 2012

NYC Cheeseburger @ Bagels & Burgers

Hello burger lovers,

There is a new burger joint in town. It's called Bagels & Burgers, and that's what they serve. Situated at the Boulevard d'Avranches it's located perfectly between the Gare and City-Center area.

The interior of Bagels & Burgers reminds of an American diner, but is in my opinion not really authentic.

I ordered a NYC Cheeseburger with country potatoes (they don't serve fries!) for 11.60€

Evaluation:

After a short wait, I got my burger, which looked good. Of course I was a bit disappointed when I saw that I got no fries but country potatoes (sadly I don't like them too much). They also added a pot of coleslaw, which I gave instantly to my colleagues who joined me on my quest.

The burger itself had lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, cheese and a mayonnaise-mustard sauce as toppings. The beef was good, but a bit too well done (at least they asked how I wanted it), but the taste was good. The cheddar cheese was nicely melted and wrapped around the meat patty. The vegetables were fresh, but I didn't really like their sauce. In my opinion they should offer a range of different sauces. The buns looked good, but they were the same fluffy ones as usual, and they were not even toasted! As you know, for me that's a no-go!

My conclusion: the burger is okay for a quick snack during your lunch break. But so far in my quest, I only consider it an average burger.

The weighted rating is 6.14





/k


Bagels & Burgers

12-14 Boulevard d'Avranches
1160 Luxembourg
Tel.: 26 29 65 26

No comments:

Post a Comment