Friday 11 May 2012

CF Big Burger @ Crossfire (re-visit)

Hello burger lovers,

I revisited Crossfire Nordic Bar in Luxembourg. The old rating was 5.76 mostly because I had some major concerns about their meat. Find the old review here

Since Crossfire was the first burger joint I evaluated during my quest, I asked myself if I havn't been a bit harsh in my evaluation. So I decided to grant them a second chance, and try the same burger I had several months ago.

Evaluation:

After a very long wait (the bar wasn't crowded at all!!) I got my big bacon cheeseburger. The Burger wasn't great, but it was better than the one from before. In January I was under the impression that the meat wasn't fresh, this I cannot confirm this anymore. But it was too well seasoned and the pepper taste was quite overpowering. The bacon was very tasty and the vegetables were okay as well. The cheese was quite tasteless but the so called special sauce still wasn't special. The buns were the regular ones, toasted, still not great. The fries were better during my last visit, not that crispy this time.The burger was quite big, a good deal for 11€.

The new weighted average after revisiting in May 2012 and considering the old rating from January is 5.96 

No  burger joint should consider the rating as definite. I will visit and review again :)



/k


Crossfire Bar
15, rue Dicks
1417 Luxembourg
Tel: 49 84 31

1 comment:

  1. I have had it 5-10 times a year for a couple of years now and it has always been tasty to excellent, depending on who's cooking. I can confirm that the meat is not fresh. It is half grilled when fresh and then frozen for later easy use, if I understand the process correctly.

    ReplyDelete