Tuesday 17 April 2012

Hot Burger @ Independent's Café

Hello burger lovers,

since I gave second chances to Urban and Fubar, I thought I could do that as well for Independent's, my number one. I am not going to intoduce the restaurant again, since I've done that during my last review. Last time when I was there I was thrilled about the quality of the food, but had some minor comments about the lack of sauce. I didn't know then that I had to order the sauce separately (thanks to the people telling me , as the waitress didn't). This time I ordered a different burger, the Hot Burger for 9.5€ and fries as a side for 2.5€ and their hot sauce.

Evaluation:

It's the second time I've been to Indie's, and both times they have forgotten about my reservation. Maybe I was unlucky or I might have picked two bad days in a row, but their service was chaotic again, and we had to wait endlessly for them handing us the menu. Having this said, I can assure you that this is the only downside on today's schedule. After having tested 20 burgers I was asking myself if Indie's really serves the best burgers, honestly I began doubting my judgement and needed to go back for a check. When the Hot Burger arrived I was in awe. It looked very fresh and delicious. The buns are home-made Ciabatta bread, which I find is the ideal solution for a burger. The 160gr. of organic beef were again cooked and seasoned to perfection. Last time I was quite dissapointed with their toppings, this time I really liked them. Loads of vegetables, nicley melted cheese in combination with a delicious homemade hot sauce, wow! The fries were crispy, but still not special in any way. The next time I'll only have a burger with no fries, since the burger is really big and you don't need fries anyway. 

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new number one!! 8.10 is the weighted rating. Congratulations to Independent's. You really serve a great burger. The price is very fair, and I am a huge fan of the quality. Please keep up the good work (but work on the your service side).



/k

Independent Café
6, boulevard F.D. Roosevelt
2450 Luxembourg-Centre
T. 27 47 87 78

2 comments:

  1. Just got back from the Independent, the hot burger was a major disappointment. The burger was not spicy at all, there was no sauce on the burger and it was overcooked making it very dry.

    Is there any sense in sourcing good local organic beef when you overcook it and ruin the flavor?
    Also, we had to wait around 30-35 minutes for our order which is not really acceptable considering it is lunch time and we got there at 12:00.

    Maybe my expectations were too high - I like the bar but would not eat a burger here again.

    The overall consensus from all five of us was that the FuBar burgers are much better than this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there,

    I was there too today. I was disappointed too. The beef was very dry today indeed, and I didn't get my drink at all (I ordered it 3 times. The service was chaotic once more. I can assure you that the burger normally tastes better than today. By the way, you did the same mistake as I did the fist time, I forgot to order the sauce. It's a shame they don't ask their custumers.

    ReplyDelete