Thursday 1 March 2012

FuKing Whopper @ Fubar

Hello burger lovers,

Sorry for the silent treatment, but everyone needs a burger-free time once in a while. My latest rating is about my secret favourite of this quest. I have been there twice before this quest, and both times I loved it. I am talking about Fubar, a small sports bar located in Clausen-Luxembourg, just next to the already rated Maybe not Bob's. Fubar serves a variety of freshly prepared snacks like burgers and grilled skewers. They offer a wide choice of different hot sauces for the burgers and fries, which can be combined with ketchup or mayonnaise, or can even be eaten pure.

I ordered the FuKing Whopper, which has two layers of meat (150gr. each), raclette cheese, lettuce and two slices of tomato for about 9€. I had fries as a side order (2.50€).

Evaluation:

First comment: the burger was huge! It was nearly impossible to eat it with my hands. The buns were different from all the others I've had tested before. They looked and tasted a bit like Kebab bread but had a different shape. The problem was that the bottom piece of bread was still frozen. Unbelievable! There was a lot of cheese on this burger but unfortunately it was not melted. The slices of tomato and lettuce were fresh, and the hot Mr. Naga sauce was a dream (best sauce ever!). The meat was great. It was fresh and had a very good taste. The fries were a disappointment, they were as cold as the burger, and were very pale and not crisp at all.

Since I've been there before, I know that Fubar can do a better job than this. Their burgers have the potential to be the best ones in Luxembourg. This time the burgers were cold, and the fries were not good at all. I was disappointed this time, but I strongly believe in the quality and taste of their food. 

P.S.. guys... get a better homepage please!

Therefore, the weighted rating is  7.15




/k

Fubar
57, rue de la Tour Jacob
1831 Luxembourg-Clausen
Tél.: 621 37 66 43

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fu Bar here ... thanks for the feedback ... it's very important to us to get this kind of comment as it will help us improve the quality. I am printing your review and passing it to the kitchen for action!!

    I am relieved that despite the negatives we still score over 7, but I hope that next time you visit you will feel that what you got was worth well over 8 :-)

    Understand the comments about the website too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fu Bar,

    I am very glad you took the time to read and comment my review. I will review your place again, (everybody can have a bad day) and I'll keep you posted about the result.

    klot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interestingly enough, the picture you've put online of the Fu's burger is also on trip advisor website...but attributed to the Alfa Brasserie. An it is the exact same picture, how is that possible? http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g190356-d743844-Reviews-Alfa_Brasserie_Grand_Hotel_Mercure_Alfa-Luxembourg_City.html

    ReplyDelete