Thursday 9 February 2012

Taz LuxemBurger @ Banana's Bar

Hello burger lovers,

today's review is about Banana's Bar located in the city centre of Luxembourg. Banana's is a bar in the evening and a restaurant with a very nice menu during lunchtime. I really liked the vintage decor of the bar, it felt like a step back in time.

I ordered the Taz LuxemBurger, a Cheeseburger with a spicy sauce and fries as a side for 12.50€


Evaluation:

When I got my burger, I was doubting if I could count it as a real burger. The ciabatta bread (which was delicious) wasn't round and didn't cover the meat at all. It was more like meat on bread than a classic burger. Anyway, the meat patties, there were two, were round and the cheese was nicely melted on top them. The burger lacked a bit of freshness since there was no sign of a tomato (even if it was stated on their menu) or lettuce on the burger, which made the burger a bit dry in my opinion. Optically the burger was a huge disappointment, I clearly had something different in mind when I ordered the spicy sauce. Instead of a hot sauce, it was more of a Ratatouille which they poured all over the meat and bread. It really didn't look that great, as you can see on the picture below. The most important fact is that this burger tasted really good. The meat was good, the cheese was nicely melted and the bread was the best I had with a burger so far. There was a lack of toppings on this burger, no vegetables at all except the spicy sauce (which wasn't that spicy). The fries came in a separate bowl, and were thin and crisp, regular frozen ones, the kind I like :)


The burger earned a lot of points by its taste, but on the other hand, when I order a burger, I exprect a regular burger. The sauce was not bad, but it was not a good choice for a burger. But when you're hungry, I can definately recommend the Banana's Bar!


6.67 is the weighted rating





/k

Banana's Bar
9, Avenue Monterey (Place d'Armes)
2163 Luxembourg-Centre
Tel.: 621  21 82 84

No comments:

Post a Comment