Wednesday 15 February 2012

Burger Classique @ Chiggeri

Hello burger lovers,

The following review is about the Burger Classique at the restaurant Chiggeri in the old town of Luxembourg-City. Chiggeri is a well known and well appreciated place by food and wine lovers.

Among a nice variety of dishes they have two burgers on their menu, on one hand the Burger Classique (I chose this one) with cheddar cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato for 18€ and on the other hand the Bling Bling Burger with foie gras and gold foil for 30€. As you can see, the price is quite high and so were my expectations.

Evaluation:

After a relatively long wait, J and I got our burgers. They weren't round but longish as I've seen it quite a lot recently. The bun was made from ciabatta. Instead of fries we got country potatoes, served with Ketchup and Mayonnaise in a separate bowl. The plate was nicely decorated and we had some salad in a separate bowl. A pity they forgot to put dressing on the salad, so I considered it as a nice decoration and didn't eat it. The bread was way too crisp, I don't know if it was old, but I was hurting myself by eating it. No complaints on the quality of the meat, good taste as well. They should have asked us how we wanted it cooked, at least that's what I would have expected from a restaurant in that price range. The lettuce and tomato on the burger were fresh, the cheddar cheese was nicely melted as well. The bacon didn't have much taste, but was cooked well.

The overall taste was OK, not special though. The bread was too crisp and I really would have preferred fries instead of country potatoes. They should offer different homemade sauces instead of just Ketchup and Mayonnaise. Last but not least, the burger was way too pricey.

6.33 is the weighted rating 




/k

Chiggeri
15, rue du Nord
2229 Luxembourg-Vieille Ville
Tél.: 22 99 36

No comments:

Post a Comment