Tuesday 17 January 2012

Tower Burger @ Urban Bar & Kitchen

Hello burger lovers,

They say that there is nothing more mouthwatering than to wrap your lips around a juicy burger... I wouldn't go that far, but it can be pretty good :)

Anyway, word on the street was that you get the best burger at Urban Bar. That's why I booked a table for 5 during lunchtime to have lots of witnesses to confirm people's opinion. The Urban Bar is the place to be in Luxembourg's nightlife. It's situated in the heart of the old town, right next to the Palace. During the evenings the bar is packed with people, a very cosmopilitan place in the conservative Luxembourg. Yet again I had high hopes.

We all ordered the Tower Burger (15,50€ and 300gr of meat), some with bacon, I went with Jalapeños as a topping. I really liked that you could order extra toppings for your burger, but I didn't like the price so much (1€ per additional topping).


Evaluation:


It was actually very difficult to eat the burger. We were sitting on a couch and the burger was quite big. It came surprisingly quick from their kitchen, but it wasn't warm anymore. A pity. It looked very good, the way a burger is supposed to look. The fact that the meat was tasteless was really disapointing. Neither the nicely melted cheese nor the burger sauce really had a distinguished flavor. The lettuce was fresh and green, but the tomato was too watery, which nearly ruined the whole burger. The buns, not good enough (the same ones I criticize in every review), but I liked their fries. Thin, crispy, salted and warm :), plus they got us every extra sauces we ordered (free of charge). That's the way to treat customers.  

Honestly I was a bit disapointed by the burger. For this price I really expected something more special. It wasn't all bad though.

6.40 is the weighted score

/k

Urban Bar & Kitchen
2, rue de la Boucherie
1247 Luxembourg-Centre
Tél.: 26 47 85 78

No comments:

Post a Comment