Thursday 19 January 2012

Double Conterstuffler @ Conterstuff

Hello burger lovers,

yesterday evening I went to the Conterstuff, which is a Brasserie in the village of Contern, not far from the city of Luxembourg. The place was packed with people, and I am pretty sure there weren't only locals. I went with Ä, born and raised in Contern, who recommended the place. We both had the home made Double Conterstuffler with fries for 12,50€. They actually have two burgers (simple and double) on their menu, which I find very nice for a Brasserie.

Evaluation:

The burger was nicely presented, with an egg sunny side-up next to it. (nicely done!) I was surprised by the size of the burger, it wasn't very easy eating it, which is a good thing in my opinion. The fries came in a separate bowl, and had mayonnaise and ketchup with it. The fries were of a good quality, maybe a bit too big but definitely tasty. The bun was not special, the same standard one that you get, and I criticize everywhere. Honestly, from such a cozy Brasserie I expected a better bun. I appreciated though that they put a toast between the two pieces of meat. Speaking of the meat, it was delicious. I suppose it wasn't all beef, but very tasty, fresh and cooked the way I like it. The toppings were fresh as well, there were onions (which I personally don't like that much), a slice of tomato, lettuce and a mix of carrot/celery (not a good topping for a burger). The cheese wasn't easy to spot, and was mostly tasteless. The sauce didn't have a flavor to remember, it might have been dressing for the salad, so there I expect something better.

Thanks to the fine meat, the burger was O.K.

I think I will go back to the Conterstuff, but I will have something different from their menu, everything seemed very delicious.

6.77 is the weighted score




/k

Conterstuff 
2 Place de la Mairie 
5310 Contern
Luxembourg
Tél.: 26 70 17 26

No comments:

Post a Comment