Wednesday 11 January 2012

Chili Cheese Burger XL @ Chi-Chi's

Hello burger lovers,

today I went to check out the Mexican Cantina Chi-Chi's, located in the heart of the city of Luxembourg. The place is usually crowded during the summer months, especially the terrace where you can have a delicious Margarita. But today we obviously didn't sit on the terrace, but on the first floor among numerous students. Chi-Chi's is a huge restaurant where you can order a variety of Tex-Mex dishes. Double P and me ordered XL burgers, I chose the Chili Cheese Burger XL (220gr.) with fries for 12,60€. 

Evaluation:

When we got our plates, we were shocked. I have never seen a more neglected presentation before. A burger, with a lot of fries next to it and on top 3 pots of sauce. I really felt like in a canteen, which reminded me that we actually were in a cantina. It was nearly impossible eating, without dropping either fries or burger off the plate. Honestly, I lost a bit of my appetite even before starting.

In defense of the burger I have to admit that the taste was O.K. The toppings included an onion ring, a huge slice of tomato and some lettuce which wasn't fresh in my opinion. As I had a chili burger, i hoped for something spicy, but I actually got Chili Con Carne with melted cheese on my burger, which wasn't bad at all. The best part of the burger was the meat. Medium rare, good taste. The buns on the other hand were awful, again these cheap soft buns, I really can't stand them. The fries weren't crisp, too big and had a spices on it, I believe I prefer the frozen fries much more than the fresh chunky chips, not that these ones were fresh ... anyway not good enough.

I'm sorry Chi-Chi's but this was not a good burger!

5.32 is the weighted rating




/k

Chi-Chi's
15, Place d'Armes
1136 Luxembourg-Centre
Tél.: 46 07 74

1 comment:

  1. You should go to Chi-Chi's Belgium (http://www.chichis.be - apparently English version under construction). They have a burger called El Fuego Burger. It's enormous and spicy. I loved it. I rate it 8,7/10. Nice you blog. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete